Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 3, spring quarter

New Basketball Season
Team Rominstar, we're a combo of basketball players from around middle earth, mainly rohan, calmindon and evenstar. We had our first game on wednesday 1/21/09. Didn't turn out the way we hoped, but it's all a learning experience, we'll get better. We were missing a starter (Aren) and a strong backup guard (David). We started out hanging with the other team, who had 2 pretty good players. Our role players were tough, unfortunately theirs were a little tougher, and one of our best players, Jon, wasn't given an inch to move free. They had us pretty defensively locked down. I only shot 2 of 10, (two 3 pointers), but i did get to the line 15 times, making 13 of those freethrows (most freethrows i've ever shot). When our second unit came in, they played tough, but we just didn't have a good shooting night. I had 19 points, and Jon had 6 points, unfortunately we didn't have enough fire power to overcome a 31-45 defeat. Our next game is on wednesday 1/28 at 10:30 against the free agent Merage09 team.

School
Schools been alright. I have a lot of homework, which is something i didn't have a lot of during the fall quarter. I'm getting used to it, but I've been tired. I really wish that our grades didn't rely on tests so much, like back in high school, when everything was classwork and homework based, haha. Oh well, gotta get on with it.

Andrea
Michelle V. asked some questions about relationships today, and asked me and Andrea if we fought a lot over big issues. When I really thought about it, we don't, its just little things that we end up forgetting in a few hours anyway. This made me realize that Andrea and I truly are a great couple. I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment