Friday, January 2, 2009

First Entry: 08, truly a year of change.

2008 has past, and 2009 is here. In the past year a lot's changed, too many to remember, but here are some.

World
- We have a new president, and he's black, which is a huge change. And who said we weren't ready for a black president, "we just had a retarded one" (Chris Rock). haha. Hopefully things will change with him around.
- Gas prices started to drop like crazy toward the end of the year, too bad i was in school and car-less.
- Economy is crap, I mean Mervyn's closed, hahaha.
- Thats all i can think of.

School
- Went to DECA State competition early in the year.
- I graduated from high school, got into UC Irvine, and after a long summer, I moved over 400 miles away to so-cal for college.

Sports
- Had a great final season with EDEN, better experience than I would have had on Var.
- Went out with 1 tournament championship in the final season, and a hot shooting and strong defensive streak.
- Played my first intramural season. Playing ball here at college is a great way for me to measure where I am, and what I need to work on.

Personal
- Made new friends, kept old ones.
- Had my 2 year anniversary with Andrea, still going strong.
- I turned 19 (So old...).
- Got my first REAL job over the summer, and for only working their 2 1/2 months, I made pretty good bank.
- For the first year, I realized that I'm no longer a kid anymore, and people won't treat me like it (I realized it when my brother got a gift in the mail, and I got a bill, hahah.)
- Since I've been gone at college, family in my generation has been getting engaged, having twins, and whole lot of other stuff that make me realize my age, and makes me realize that I have to start becoming more mature.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about?
    You are heckof mature!
    way more mature than me.
    i like reading your blogs. :) you better keep at it mister!!!

    ReplyDelete