Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Basketball

Today I made a promise to try to fulfill one of my dreams...

I'm going to work as hard as I can in order to make the UC Irvine Men's basketball team. Whether it is as a player or just a team manager. After this intramural season is over, I'm going to start tough workouts. I'm going to get in touch with Coach Pat Douglass and whoever else I can to give me the best shot at making the team. I want to add about 10 pounds of muscle, decrease my running times, and get my vertical jump into the high 30's or higher. Even if I don't come close, I will still walk away with a sense of pride that I gave it my all... not to mention probably a whole ton of new basketball skills and athleticism. 

I've never embarked on anything like this. The last couple of times I tried, I stopped, because I didn't think it was worth it, and it was hard. But I really want this bad. I want to play Division I College Basketball. So here it goes. This is the road I've chosen. I just hope I have the support I need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment